Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello February

with everything shut down in Ohio today, why not do a little blogging.

my name is Kimmy and i love Valentine's day.

whooooo that feels good to get off my chest. i've never been one to hate a day that let's me tell the people in my life how much i love and adore them and an excuse to wear pink! is there anything better? i think not. while most people complain about having no one in their lives to celebrate the day with, i like to look at it more along the lines of i have so many people in my life to celebrate with. i can't complain about the day. i just can't.

etsy as we all know, is my favorite place on earth. i'd be all gung-ho for there being an etsy store in my backyard that combines all of my favorite sellers in one place. one of my new years resolutions for this year was to buy handmade, and etsy has really helped me to achieve that.

some of my favorite valentine-y etsy digs:


burlap love pillow from wrap it up

jumbled love clock from xrak

my new obsession with cross stitching made me fall head over heels in love with bombastich

absolutely adorable pincushion from feltmates. now i really really know i need to learn to sew so i can make this part of my collection.

died. died a little bit inside when i saw these from asherjasper. remember how you used to mouth "olive juice" and it looked like you were saying "i love you"? umm.. yea. this is it.

valentine's day peacock glasses from marywibis, and you can use them again.

spoon me spoon from sweetoldstuff. vintage and lovely.

a necklace that has the valentine's day feel from steinvika, but you can still wear the cute owl later.

valentine's day and summer from aquietstitchmy 2 favorite things. does it get better? nope.

it's feburary loves! the month of love! go out and spread love and receive love and bask in it.

-K.